Undergraduate Program | THAI NGUYEN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCES
Bachelor of Social Work
Learners will master systems of professional knowledge and skills; be able to detect and solve potential social problems; motivate and connect people in the community to solve related problems; participate in managing or developing projects, etc; directly work with the target subjects who are ethnic minorities with the supporting knowledge about languages and cultures of the ethnic minorities in the North of Vietnam; meet the work requirements related to social activities in state agencies, social security, non-governmental and private organizations, etc.
Fulltime: 4 years (8 semesters)
Total credit: 135 credits
After graduation, learners will be able to:
- Do professional social work in different areas such as health, education, law, economics, socio-culture, family and marriage, religious beliefs, environment, population, communication, etc.
- Do professional social work in institutions and organizations in the field of social security, services, unions and social organizations such as: Socio-political organizations (Party, Labour union, Youth union, Fatherland Front, Women’s Union, Red Cross, Veterans Association, Farmers Association, Population Committee, etc), department of labour, invalids and social affairs, schools, hospitals, urban and rural communities, market research departments of economic units such as corporations, companies, factories, etc.
- Work at social protection associations of economic sectors from central to local levels;
- Work at social protection centers;
- Work at center for rehabilitation and restoration of human dignity, detoxification, re-education.
- Join in mass organizations, social organizations to develop and manage community projects, poverty reduction and rural development.
- Work at research and training institutions related to social work: institutes (Central Institute for Economic Management, Institute of Labor and Social Sciences, Institute of Sociology, Institute of Health Strategy and Policy, Institute of Legal Science, Institute of State Legislation, Institute of International Relations for National Defens, etc); universities, colleges, training centers for social work, etc.
Other Undergraduate Program
- Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- English Linguistic (English for Tourism)
- Library Science
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Science in Management
- Environmental Science
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Vietnamese Studies
- Resources and Environment Management