Undergraduate Program | THAI NGUYEN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCES
Bachelor of History
Learners will be well-equipped with basic knowledge of historical theory, inlcuding interpretations of historical entity as the object of history, the theory of approaches and the exploitation of historical information, Vietnamese and world historical periods and trends; fundamental understandings of archeology as an interdisciplinary field studying the past of mankind based on real materials; basic knowledge and system of Vietnamese and the world historical processes during the Middle Ages, Modern history, and contemporary history; advanced knowledge of history majors (depending on majors students enroll).
Major in Vietnamese history
Learners will acquire intensive knowledge of the farm land regime in ancient and middle-age of Vietnamese history; the East-West cultural integration in Vietnamese modern history; Vietnamese socio-economic transformation during the period 1945-2010, etc; be able to apply the obtained knowledge in studying and researching issues in the field of Vietnamese History and related interdisciplinary sciences.
Major in history of the Communist Party of Vietnam
Learners will achieve specialized knowledge of research issues on the history of the Communist Party of Vietnam; Foreign policies of the Party through historical periods; Basic issues in the military policies, etc; be able to apply the obtained knowledge in studying and researching issues specialized in history of the Communist Party of Vietnam , and related interdisciplinary sciences.
Major in cutural studies
Learners will achieve intensive knowledge of a number of theoretical issues in culture and cultural history; apply sociological methods in the study of cultural history, urban culture in Vietnam, etc; adopt the obtained knowledge in studying and researching issues in the field of cultural studies and related interdisciplinary sciences.
Fulltime: 4 years (8 semesters)
Total credit: 135 credits
After graduation, learners will be able to:
- Work in agencies and institutes utilizing historical knowledge;
- Work in public security, military;
- Work in such the agencies as: Provincial Party Committee; People’s committees at provincial, district and commune (wards) levels; Propaganda Committee, Public Affairs Committee, Fatherland Front, Youth Union, Provincial Party Committee, People's Committee, etc; Departments of Culture, Home Affairs, Education, etc at all levels;
- Work in museums, newspapers, radio from central to local levels;
- Teach Political theory modules at schools, political centers, continuing education centers;
- Participate in teaching history at universities, colleges, and high schools.
Other Undergraduate Program
- Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- English Linguistic (English for Tourism)
- Library Science
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Science in Management
- Environmental Science
- Social Work
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Vietnamese Studies
- Resources and Environment Management