Undergraduate Program | THAI NGUYEN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCES
English Language: English for Tourism
- Acquire and apply basic knowledge of English structures in such aspects as phonetics, vocabulary, grammar, so that they can adjust and improve those aspects in practice by themselves.
- Learn about the tourist routes and destinations of key tourist areas in Vietnam so that they can build up tourist programs, participate in tourist tour guides, etc.
- Understand the basic knowledge about Vietnamese tourism resources; learn how to utilize resources for tourism development in a reasonable way; obtain systematic knowledge of labor characteristics in this career, instructional process and methods; tutorials and problem solving.
- Understand the main types of translation and interpretation, necessary steps to perform translating work; apply techniques to translate sentences, paragraphs and travel documents; apply techniques in translating and interpreting from Vietnamese into English and vice versa; build up specialized vocabulary related to the Tourism in Vietnam and in the world; Utilize correctly and appropriately the knowledge of the vocabulary, structures in practice.
- Learn how to deal with customers (reservations, customer information, telephone answering, sending faxes ...); Improve vocabulary (frequent words used in hotel, names of food and drink, recipes, etc); expand social knowledge (about famous places, celebrities, historical events, culture, etc.).
Fulltime: 4 years (8 semesters)
Total credit: 135 credits
After graduation, learners will be able to:
- Work as tour guides, translators, managers or office staff for tourism agencies or tourism and culture centers.
- Work as managers, staff, receptionists, room servants in restaurants, bars, hotels.
- Work for department of foreign affairs; department of culture, sports and tourism; radio and television stations; and state management agencies related to for tourism from central to local levels.
- Work as teachers at colleges and universities of tourism;
- Work for travel magazines, media companies;
- Participate in studying, preserving the culture and development of Vietnam’s tourism at research institutes, departments, branches and unions.
- Work as officers in agencies requiring English.
Other Undergraduate Program
- Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- Library Science
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Science in Management
- Environmental Science
- Social Work
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Vietnamese Studies
- Resources and Environment Management