Admissions | THAI NGUYEN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCES
Vietnamese Language Program
This program is designed to offer Vietnamese language courses to foreigners and overseas Vietnamese. Prior to the course, learners must take a placement test to determine their level. During the courses, highly qualified and experienced teachers of language, humanities or social sciences will use various audio-visual materials and methods to facilitate interactive education. In addition, our Vietnamese cultural exploration program will provide a great opportunity for learners to understand Vietnamese culture and traditions.The program consists of three courses which are divided according to the students' desired levels: elementary, intermediate, and advanced course.
- Enrolment: All courses are flexible as be opened at the beginning of March, June, September, and December every year.
- 5 days / week
- 5 hrs / day
- Elementary Vietnamese Course
This is a course for foreigners who are just beginning to learn Vietnamese language.
- Duration: Three months (300 hours)
- Tuition fee: 200 USD (Might be changed due to exchange rate and included dormitory fee)
This course will provide leaners:
- Basic knowledge of Vietnamese phonetics, standard pronunciation, common sentence structures and basic vocabulary.
- Vietnamese listening, speaking, reading and writing skills at the basic level so learners can be able to use Vietnamese for daily conversation, read and write short texts in Vietnamese.
- Communicative language teaching methods: putting learners into authentic and real-life situations to practice using Vietnamese.
- Learners practice Vietnamese conversations in real-life situations, for example, shopping in markets and supermarkets, visiting restaurants or Vietnamese families, and participating in cultural festivals, sport, travel or food events, etc.
Specific programs: Including 2 levels A1, A2
- A1 Vietnamese level (150 hours)
Focusing on standard pronunciation and common grammatical structures and basic vocabulary to meet the most essential communication needs. Learners can communicate and interact in a simple way with slow speaking speed and clear tone.
- A2 Vietnamese level (150 hours)
Learners can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.. Learners can communicate with moderate speed and clear tone.
- Intermediate Vietnamese Course
This is a course for foreigners who need to improve their speaking, reading and writing skills in Vietnamese as well as to learn about Vietnamese society and culture.
- Duration: 6 months (600 hours)
- Tuition fee: 400 USD (Might be changed due to exchange rate; included one day field trip and dormitory fee).
This course will provide leaners:
- A range of lexical and grammatical structures so that speakers can exchange information, describe, comment, and argue in many different styles and situations. Helping learners understand Vietnamese culture through language.
- Advanced listening, speaking, reading and writing skills so that learners can communicate in Vietnamese fluently in everyday life.
- Communicative language teaching methods: putting learners into authentic and real-life situations to practice Vietnamese.
- Learners practice Vietnamese conversations in real-life situations, for example, shopping in markets and supermarkets, visiting restaurants or Vietnamese families, and participating in cultural events. Learners also travel to practice Vietnamese and study Vietnamese culture through several activities such as visiting museums, traditional craft villages, historical sites and famous landscapes.
Detailed program: Including 2 levels (B1, B2) and Vietnamese used in different areas and forms of communication.
- B1 Vietnamese level (200 hours)
Learners can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- B2 Vietnamese level (250 hours)
Learners can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Practice daily spoken Vietnamese (100 hours)
Learners can understand the role and communication effectiveness of Vietnamese phonetics, vocabulary and grammar variants in spoken form, including dialect phenomena. Learners will be able to identify and use language variants of Vietnamese flexibly in communication, thereby avoiding the use of spoken language in written documents. Language phenomena such as slangs, metaphors, hidden meaning etc. are also equipped for learners to ensure mastery of knowledge of Vietnamese language in communication.
- Vietnamese culture (50 hours)
Learners can understand the beauty of Vietnamese customs and practices in terms of food, clothing, architecture and spiritual life. Learners will be also able to identify cultural areas in Vietnam and understand the interaction of Vietnamese culture with Chinese, Indian and Western ones.
- Advanced Vietnamese Course
This is a course for foreigners who wish to improve their speaking and reading skills and to create documents in Vietnamese as native speakers in order to work in a number of industries that use Vietnamese.
- Duration: 1 year (1000 hours)
- Tuition fee: 600 USD (Might be changed due to exchange rate; included three days field trip and dormitory fee).
This course will provide leaners:
- A wide range of lexical and grammatical structures, and essential understanding of Vietnamese culture, society, history and politics. Thereby, it enables learners to use Vietnamese effectively in communication as well as in some specific fields.
- Intensive skills related to Vietnamese language such as listening, speaking, reading, writing and teaching Vietnamese as a foreign language. It also provides skills for compiling books used for teaching and studying Vietnamese such as textbook and dictionary. Learners will be able to develop presentation and argument skills, and be proficient in communication.
- Communicative language teaching methods: putting learners into authentic and real-life situations to practice Vietnamese, including group discussions, presentations, drama, etc.
- Learners will practice Vietnamese in the environment related to lesson contents, and experience using Vietnamese to communicate in specific professional contexts. Learners also travel to study Vietnamese language, history and culture.
Detailed Programs: Including the courses for two levels C1, C2 and Professional Vietnamese.
- C1 Vietnamese level (300 hours)
Learners can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express their ideas fluently and spontaneously, and flexibly and effectively use Vietnamese language for social relations, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- C2 Vietnamese level: (300 hours)
Learners can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation. Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.
- Professional Vietnamese (400 hours)
Helping students have basic knowledge about the fields that interested students such as translation, interpretation, teaching Vietnamese, tourism or trade. Training basic skills for students to use Vietnamese language in these specialized fields. The course also ensures learners to be able to listen to and understand the content of lectures in different specialties at Vietnamese universities.
Students will stay in the dormitory and pay extra electricity and water monthly if they exceed the prescribed limit (4 kW/month, 4 m3/month).
- Completed Application Form for Vietnamese Language Course Download
- A Copy of the applicant's Passport or Vietnam Temporary Residence Card (if available)
- A Copy of Passport
- Apostille/Legalization-Academic certificate or Transcript of final degree
- A Copy of Full Birth Certificate
- Certificate of tuberculosis check including a chest X-ray from designated hospitals (Those applicants from high risk countries of tuberculosis)
- Proof of current employment and career (those applicable)
- Certificate showing your Vietnamese skills (those applicable)
Candidates complete the required documents and send scanned documents at email address icms(at)tnus.edu.vn; All the documents need to be notarized and translated into English or Vietnamese; All documents should be sent via E-mail.
- Contact us
|Address:||Tan Thinh Ward, Thai Nguyen City
Thai Nguyen 250000
|Tel:||(+84) 208 390-3229 (Division of International Affairs), Ms. Trang
|Fax:||(+84) 208 374-6965|